I have had signs of a mountain lion regularly on my
property in SE Jackson County.  Signs have included
pawprints, and scat that a coyote COULD NOT produce or
a Bobcat either.

Many years ago, on a bird project in the Bighorns
(WY), I was walking a transect, and looked up; in my
direct line of walking was an active lair w/ a female
in it.  Silly me thought it was a shadow until she
blinked.  I was at 9000' and about ten miles from
anywhere.  Needeless to say, I proceeded with caution.

What an awesome feeling to realize that I was not at
the top of the food chain.  I still see signs of the
lion in our woods.

Lynn Miller
Lone Jack,MO
Jackson CO