From: Charlene and Jim Malone <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: W. Grebe continues HSL, IL 10/12/02
Date: Sat, Oct 12, 2002, 9:17 AM

ILLINOIS birds
The WESTERN GREBE was seen again this AM, Saturday, 10/13/02.
It was observed from the north boatramp parking lot on the Hwy 111 side.
It is moving around a lot but staying at the north end.
Please note there were several fishermen in boats showing up after I saw the
bird, so the boats could move this bird around even more (or chase it away)

At the causeway I saw a male BLACK DUCK.
The A. wigeons far outnumbered the Pintails.

Good birding
Charlene Malone
Chesterfield, MO/St. L co