Two gleanings from other states' alerts deserve our attention.

For those of you who just couldn't think positively enough to draw a
Magnificent Frigatebird to the Lake of the Ozarks last weekend, see this
tidbit from Kentucky:

An additional Sooty Tern was observed on October 4th on the Ohio River at
about 4:30 PM CDT.  This bird was in northwestern McCracken County flying
upstream towards Paducah at the time of the observation.  The observation
was made from the boat ramp at Joppa, IL.  Attempts to relocate this bird
upstream were unsuccessful.

This one from Iowa should keep folks along the Mississippi alert:

East Central - Wednesday two potential record third-earliest WHITE-WINGED
SCOTERS were seen below Mississippi River Lock and Dam no. 14 upriver
from
Bettendorf in Scott Co. The best viewing is from the Illinois side, about
two miles downriver from I-80 along Hwy. 84. Walk the gravel-surfaced
dike.
(As to record date, the birds were apparently well within Iowa).

Edge Wade
Missouri Bird Alert compiler