Charlene  --  Margot and I saw the grebe from the parking lot at the
northern side of Horseshoe Lake (in Illinois) at about 5:00 p.m. this
afternoon (Sunday, Oct. 13).  We looked south from the boat ramp, swung our
scopes somewhat to the left and found a long line of coots.  The grebe was
at the far right end of this line of coots, at what appeared to be fairly
close to the far shore.  As we watched, the grebe moved to the left, always
along the line of coots, either in front of the line, or perhaps within the
line.  It would dive at times and be hard to find.  We did not see the
grebe when we looked for it earlier in the afternoon.  We would be hard put
to distinguish it from a Clark's Grebe at that distance.

Jim Holsen
Kirkwood, St. Louis County

Lake
> SP, Madison co, ILLINOIS and DID NOT find it.
> Did anyone have better luck?
> If so, where did you re-find the bird, please?
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>
> Charlene Malone
> Chesterfield, MO/St. Louis co

--- Jim Holsen