Dean--

  Yes, I had 13 Great Egrets; I'll paste the full species list again at the
end of this email for you. I picked out the Snowy Egret almost immediately,
but figured (and hoped) it was a Little Blue Heron. After a lot of hard
work, found that it was a Snowy (had yellowish feet that contrasted with
blackish legs; not the bright "golden slippers" but just yellowish. Also,
lores were yellow.) If you go out to see the Snowy, use your scope on the
ducks and the peeps. There may be some more interesting things there than I
was able to pick out (I bought a cheap lower quality scope, just to have
something, but the ducks were too far away for it to be very useful,
although it was certainly better than nothing).

Blake

>From: "Dean R. Rising" <[log in to unmask]>
>DEar Blake,
>Tues. I saw lots of great egrets at SGF Lake. You report none. Is that
>right?
>The Snowy is one I haven't seen there recently.
>Dean

Pied-billed Grebe - 6
Double-crested Cormorant - 20
American White Pelican - 55