The review I read did name Eliot as among the geniuses. But I don't think Eliot
has ever credited Eliot as the inspiration for this theory. I read once that he
said he had had the idea for his theory of influence in a sort of dream and had
awoken with a "vision" and written it down. This always seemed very pompous to
me, since it was so clear that he was just rewriting "Tradition and individual
talent" w/the Eliot's sequence of the "new element" changing the whole structure
of the canon, etc. as in Bloom's father-son combat that allows the son to insert
himself into the canon adding the "new" element through misprision, etc.
Cassandra