I thought I would turn this off-list query to me into an on-list post.

> Isn't her [Deiphobe] name's etymolgy close to "the one afraid of god"?

I first replied with:
    I don't think so.  You may be right with "phobe" but the "dei"
    that you link to "god" is Latin.  Greek is something like "theo."

I got curious enough to web search some.  I found a web page by
Pat Sloane that did say something similar to "the one afraid of god"
but I kept looking.

The webpage
    http://www.clubi.ie/lestat/ofgodsd.html
shows some names starting with "Dei" and associated with "dread."
That makes makes me believe that Deiphobe means 'one who drives away fear'
as stated on this webpage:
    http://www.1freespace.com/women/alexiares/Delphi/delphi.html

Regards,
    Rick Parker