Please pardon the off topic nature of this message. I have been a member of
this list for a few years now -- I read the messages when I have a chance. I
am currently finishing up my masters in English and am filling out
applications to English Ph.D. programs. Since most of you on this list are
professors ... I was wondering if you could provide some advice on getting
into Ph.D. programs. I am working on my essay/personal statement -- but was
wondering what kinds of things schools look for in essays, applications, etc.
Any advice you can give would be very helpful.
Thank you,
Brenda Haak