From: Kate Troy

>>Forgive me
>>they were delicious
>>so sweet
>>and so cold.

>It's said this that poem was written to his wife as an >apology for an
indiscretion.

Kate:
(isn't it nice not to talk politics for once? ;-)

Yes, right, you hear that "apology for an indiscretion" explanation all the
time. I wonder where
it originated. It is a possible reading, I would think, but I have
experienced that people tend to think it is the only way to read the poem,
or it would "explain" the poem to the full.

And I guess there is much more to it. (Although Williams claimed it was
imply a note left on the fridge for his wife. Well, that a way of building a
personal myth, isn't it?)

Frank