Dear List!

It strikes me as interesting to find this thought in Byron. To see words as
"things" is quite near to an understanding of poetry developed much later.
Williams will, for example describe a poem as a "machine made of words".
This is of course not implied in Byron, but still, the idea to see words "as
such", as material instances, is to be found there.

Gunnar: Where is the quote take from? I suspect it to be from the later
phase of his
writing, in which he distanced himself quite a lot from romantic notions of
writing?

Anyway, I thought I might add a little something to the list of quotes:
again written by my favorite poet:

William Carlos Williams

A sort of a song

Let the snake wait under