Gunnar Jauch wrote:

> B.t.w.: For all the newby's on the list: Eugene is our well respected
> Wall Street poet laureate (Rick, our Duke of URL, will certainly be
> glad to provide us the appropriate back ground info!)

O.K.  Here's a small web introduction to Eugene (check out that Wall
Street Journal story on him to):

http://www.globalprovince.com/poetry&business.htm

Wall Street Poet

The deputy general counsel for Nomura in New York has just made it to
the front page of the Wall Street Journal--but not for his lawyerly
skills.  As it happens, Eugene Schlanger is a poet on the side, and,
among other things, has captured the Ground Zero tragedy in his verse.
One of his friends particularly likes a line, "Witness to a world that
a world cannot measure."  We would probably rephrase it to read,
"Witness to a world that a word cannot measure.  A world that leaves
poets mute."  See the Wall Street Journal, September 12, 2002, pp. Al
and A10.

http://www.ffhsj.com/whatsnew/media1101.htm

In the November 1st Baltimore Sun, an article entitled "A Corporate
Lawyer Takes Stock of Life" talks about Eugene Schlanger, a deputy
general counsel at Nomura Securities, who is also a published poet. In
fact, he is known as "The Poet of Wall Street." Carmen Lawrence,
co-head of Fried Frank's securities regulation and enforcement
practice, is one of his fans. She noted, "One day on our commute, I
asked [Eugene] what he was doing, and he said he just finished a poem,
and I said I'd love to see it, so he sent it to me. Until then, for
me, poetry was just required reading at schools."

Regards,
    Rick Parker