----- Original Message -----
From: "Marcia Karp" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 09, 2002 2:27 PM
Subject: Who's who

> Kate Troy wrote:
>
> As a woman in her late 30's,...
>
> Me:
>     Didn't you tell us once you were 40?
>
> Kate;
>
> > I don't know.  The important thing is that I look 30.
>
> Keats:
>
> "Beauty is truth, truth beauty,"---that is all
>     Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.

Eliot: 'On rereading the whole Ode, this line ('Beauty is truth, truth
beauty') strikes me as a serious blemish on a beautiful poem; and the reason
must be that I fail to understand it, or that it is a statement which  is
untrue. [...] The statement of Keats seems to me meaningless: or perhaps the
fact that it is grammatically meaningless conceals another meaning from me.'