Date sent:              Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:18:01 EST
From:                   [log in to unmask]
Subject:                Old words
To:                     [log in to unmask]

In a message dated 10/30/02 2:14:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Milton and Pope had many deficiencies:  this is only one

Now, as spelling (at least in English) didn't really exist as a rule in
their time, I can hardly see how it can be called a deficiency. As to
their others, unless it is some decry of mysogyny, I don't see what you
mean by "many deficiencies."  If I could write half as well as either of
them, I'd be published already.

Michael