Dear Gunnar,

Not too good a time for Eliot academics.  The Modern Language
Association meets then and thousands of us will be there for that week.
Nancy

Date sent:              Tue, 29 Oct 2002 01:23:36 +0100
From:                   Gunnar Jauch <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                OT: USA HOLIDAY
To:                     [log in to unmask]

To all:

This may sound odd, but --

I've been thinking to spend a couple of weeks in the U.S. between Xmas
and
New Year, visiting at random some regulars of the TSE list.

Maybe this will give me a whole new perspective of you gentle people I had
grown so fond of during all these years of highbrow internet banter.

Is anybody home then and ready to meet me?

Gunnar

"Is anybody there?" said the traveler,
Knocking on the moonlit door;
And his horse in the silence chomped the grasses
Of the forest's ferny floor.