From: Nancy Gish [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 6:25 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OT: Further it's

I do not know the history of how "McDonalds" became a brand name, and
brand names pay no attention as a rule to rules.  But it could well be
simply a plural rather than a possessive.  If it simply is the name of a
family, i.e., the McDonalds, then the possessive would be "Mcdonalds' "
and would not be in the brand name.
Nancy