From: Nancy Gish [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 23, 2002 5:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Rhapsody in Bloom - a book review

I don't think I know why because it is not true everywhere.  But I think it
is
very disturbing and destructive of a culture.
Nancy

Date sent:              Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:47:54 -0700
From:                   Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
To:                     [log in to unmask]

From: Nancy Gish [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
 I agree that America seldom does
seem to care about the views of intellectuals, professorial or not, hence
derogatory words like "pointy head" as if it were somehow an elitist
disgrace to think or read or study.
=

Does it perhaps come from a fear of the other's knowledge,
a kind of fear of the unknown?

Peter