Yesterday Pete and JoAnn Moroz spotted a Sandhill Crane at Horseshoe Lake south of St. Joseph.  It was in the southwest area of the Lake.  I was not able to get there right away to look for it (about 5:00 p.m.).  However, it was seen by at least three other people yesterday.  I drove down this morning and found the bird in the above location (same area of lake).  It was at the water's edge probing for food.  Going east from the Sandhill Crane were 600-700 American White Pelicans, some Double-crested Cormorants, Great Blue Herons, one Great Egret, one Snow Goose (Blue Phase) and Killdeer and swallows.  It was 7:45 a.m. when I saw the Sandhill Crane.
    Horseshoe Lake is west off of highway 59, which runs south out of St. Joseph.  To access the lake turn west off of highway 59 on Pettit Road across the railroad tracks.  The lake is only about 1/8 of mile from the highway. The road sign at the other end of Pettit Road is signed Petitt Road.  Be careful crossing the railroad tracks as there are no red warning lights and trains are numerous.
Larry Lade

__________________________________ * Audubon Society of Missouri's * * Wild Bird Discussion Forum * * To unsubscribe send the message * * SIGNOFF MOBIRDS-L * * to [log in to unmask] * * To subscribe send the message * * SUBSCRIBE MOBIRDS-L your name* * to [log in to unmask] * ###################################