No sign of the (possible) California Gull this morning (9/24).

I was out at the Woodhinge point at Smithville Lake this morning at first
light. The raft of gulls in the middle of the lake were mostly Franklin's; by
the time it was light enough to make out detail on any birds, most of the
gulls had picked up and headed to the north.

So I tried out the rocky point at Camp Branch Marina. There were about 30
Ring-billed Gulls and one Franklin's Gull loafing there. But no big-billed
brown gull.

I welcome any comments or questions about my description of the possible
California Gull that I posted yesterday. Does my description leave anything
important out? Am I missing something?

Will be back out this evening to see if the bird returns to the same location
as yesterday.

Kristi Mayo
Kearney, MO (Clay Co.)