It has been kinda bothering from an ethical standpoint about walking through
a field in order to flush resting birds that might need the extra energy. I
am looking forward to the rail walk, but I'd be mores hesitant to go if this
is a process that has been deemed unethical by the ABA and or considered
harmful by ecologists and ornithologists, I'd appreciate any input you more
experienced birders have on this question. I realize I am probably bringing
up something that could cause a few arguments and i apologize, but i would
like to have some clarification..
Thanks
and may Yellow Rails walk in front of your path sans tapeing nor flushing

Will Chatfield-Taylor

Johnson County, Kansas