Took a couple of hours between laundry, dinner, homework and grocery
shopping to make a quick run to S-O.  It wasn't a great time (about 5:00
p.m.) so ID was a little difficult but got the following:

142 Great Egrets
1 Snowy Egret
More Great Blues than could be counted
1 Western Sandpiper
3 Green Backed Herons
4 Spotted Sandpipers
12 Turkeys
Lots of geese
4 Semipalmated Sandpipers

There were other shorebirds around but they weren't close enough to be
identified, especially in the angling sun.

S-O is being readied for duck hunting season so the water is deeper is some
places than what you would expect since we have had so little rain.  The
Johnson Shorebird Marsh is just about optimal as far as water goes but the
grass is a little tall for good viewing.

Not a great bird trip, except that it got me away from the laundry,
homework, dinner, etc.  That always makes for a great bird trip!

Dorothy Lambert
Nevada