Steve wrote:
> Still, my conclusion is that TSE had homosexual desires which both attracted
and repelled him and, additionally, he was very concerned that these desires
would offend God.

Well, you then agree with the old saying about the Bloomsbury group -- that "they were couples, having triangular relationships, but living in squares".

That's an interesting point you made, Steve. But is the whole poem to be interpreted in the light of his hidden homosexuality?

About the "shall I say", Donoghue wrote that it's like a sort of confession. Nobody truly cared of where Prufrock would go at night or what he would do -- that "shall I say" is a confession that nobody asked for, and the reader gets to pity Prufrock for his situation.

See you,
Sara