From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2002 8:34 AM
Subject: Re: Towers and Dust

In a message dated 9/14/02 2:02:11 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

As I said before, maye I am simply missing the irony or the point of Kate's mail. If this is so, just for me, being the stupid European that I am (soory to all my intelligent fellow Europeans ;-) ), could it be made more clear?

Sorry, I thought I did make it very clear.  The lady in the harbor, although as you said is a symbol of freedom, was a gift from the French.  And she will still be there shining in our harbor  long after the French are all gone.  And why will the French be all gone?  Yes, you are correct again, because of their own stupidity and the fact that we are tired of helping them and the rest of the Europeans when it is never reciprocated.  Therefore, we will not be there next time to liberate Paris, i.e. to save you. Good luck.

Regards,

Kate