Brighton's illustrious illustrator Aubrey Beardsley (1872-1898) is the name
connected to Malory's Morte d'Arthur. He must be among the  youngest
entrants in the Dictionary of National Biography soley on talent and
achievement [royal entries definitely do not count!].

BTW, I will be leaving the list soon to cut down my email.[ I am now working
as a teacher of RS.]  I would like to say how much I have enjoyed the stream
of comment although my own has been infrequent.  Here are two parting
comments/adverts:

1) Somewhere, I have a mint condition  copy of Tony Pinkeney's book Women in
the Writing of T.S.Eliot which was not the Christmas present I had been
hoping for many, many years ago. Any offers from a collector out there? [I
am generally having a book cull]
2) I would be happy to schedule an outing of my walking tour Through the
Waste Land, if listers wanted a London get-together ( avert your eyes if
this seems like an obscene suggestion). The basic outline would be: a Sunday
morning redezvous at London Bridge Station at approx 10:30.  The walk lasts
2 hours and visits St. Magnus the Martyr Church[ but surely all UK listers
have already visited Lower Thames Street]. April 6 seems likely.
There would be a charge of 6/5 conc. All profits to be donated to The
Altzheimer's Society.

I'll look out for replies over the next 2 weeks and then whimper away.

Maire McQueeney