In a message dated Mon, 2 Sep 2002 2:06:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, Peter Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Not unlike Guiness's greagt parody, OUR MAN IN HAVANNA.
>
>Cheers,
>Peter

Thanks, Peter, for mentioning this.  I didn't know there was a film version, much less with Guiness, and I was just wondering whether one had been made.  I'd stumbled across the paperback recently and read it in the hope it would be as good as The Quiet American.  I was a bit disappointed, but still 'twas a fun read.  Also thought it seemed like the inspiration for the recent film, The Tailor of Panama.

Tom K