I agree.  This is an excellent book.  Very extensive, clear, thoughtful, etc.,
etc.  I finally found a copy, but it might be back in print by now.
I also recommend anything by Lyn McDonald.  Hers are histories of various
aspects of the war, rather than discussions of the literature, but she has
interviewed veterans and used a number of other unpublished sources.  While I
cannot say I have "enjoyed" reading her books, they have been insightful.
Another is _Dismembering the Male_.  I am not at home, so I don't have the
author's name.  However, she discusses the effect of injuries on men and their
role in society after WWI.  She makes points that are definitely applicable to
Prufrock.  I don't know if this one is available in the US, but it could be
ordered from the Imperial War Museum.

Best,

Victoria McLure