Peter Montgomery wondered about Shakespeare:

> when and where did he get the time to do all that
> learning and all that writing when, apparently he was
> so busy in the theatre doing productions, which is about
> the only thing we know about him for certain.

Here is the lovely Aubrey on Shake and non-Shake:

     His father was a Butcher, and I have been told heretofore by
     some of the neighbors, that when he was a boy he exercised his
     father's Trade, but when he kill'd a Calfe he would doe it in a
     high style, and make a Speech.

     This Earle of Oxford, making of his low obeisance to Queen
     Elizabeth, happened to let a Fart, at which he was so abashed
     and ashamed that he went to Travell, 7 yeares.  On his returne
     the Queen welcomed him home, and sayd, My Lord, I had forgott
     the Fart.

M.