am 19.9.2002 19:43 Uhr schrieb Ken Armstrong unter [log in to unmask]:

> The subject becomes more complicated (not necessarily less offensive) when
> you have a member of the group telling a joke about that same group, which,
> not to comment on the wisdom of repeating it, was, I think, the situation
> Gunnar re-presented.
>
> Ken Armstrong

Thanks, Ken,

I knew that some of the more sensitive listmembers would take offence from
my innocent liking of ethnic and other sophomoric jokes (don't let it get to
you, dear Jacek, I realize that it's embarrassing habit for an old git, but
I'm not really the asshole you presumed!).

Oh well -- I remember being introduced to this peculiar bit of Americana
previously virtually unknown to me, like the one of the bridegroom at a
Polish wedding, he's the one with the clean bowling shirt...

So, to put an appropriate end to this inane debate, here's a Swiss
knock-knock joke:

Knock-knock!
Who's there?
Old lady!
Old lady who?
I didn't know you could yodel!

Cheers,

Gunnar

On his way to Paris. Haven't been there for some time. Believe me -- there's
LOADS of funny ethnic jokes on the frogs!

PS:
Did you hear about the  American couple ordering DANS a posh Paris
restaurant:
"We'll have the Filet aux Amandes, and hold the nuts!"