Victoria McLure wrote:

> Welcome to the world of 21st century publishing insanity!!  Anymore, when
> you call the publishing companies, it takes 20 minutes to get through the
> string of companies you have called.  <sigh>

So this does means that Faber and Faber has been swallowed up by
Farrar, Straus and Giroux?

On the "parting the hair behind" theme we have a brief discussion of
former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani's change in hairstyle on a
webpage entitled "Proof the terrorists have not won" at
rec.Humor.Funny   http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/02/Sep/hair.html

It says:
    Proof the terrorists have not won

    From an article on Yahoo News: "Former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani has
    given up his comb-over hairstyle in favor of a straight-back 'do that
    is winning rave reviews .... Giuliani's new style got a worldwide
    debut at the World Trade Center memorial ceremony on Wednesday, when
    he began the reading of victims' names."

    Let's see ... Rudy Giuliani shows up to help recite the names of 2800
    people who were murdered in the worst terrorist attack in American
    history, and the next day, the big news is how he wore his hair while
    doing it.

    Who says America hasn't gotten back to normal?

Regards,
    Rick Parker