I'm weary of hearing about missing towers; and men going by the names of Osama and Saddam; I prefer Ben and Jerry.  Tom, Dick and Harry.  I'm weary of hearing about how our people have been hurt, our people including my cleaning woman deported for having an expired visa; like that sweet mexican girl consorted with the devils; her thing was vacuum cleaners and S.O.S. pads.  S.O.S. Maria, my home  needs your tidy touch and I miss our glass of wine and conversation and I know you dearly miss that measly $12.00 an hour which was $120.00 an hour to you and your parents in Mexico City, dear lady. I'm weary of thinking of three men in two cars on a Florida highway and that thought only began this morning and I'm already weary of it.  In the end, the joke will be on them.  Ha.  Ha.  I'm weary of thinking about the world outside of our borders; we'll all starting not to care about the rest of the world.  So, you Europeans, don't be for us; Keep well in mind your lack of oil reserves, character reserves and your increasing arab populations; Don't do us any great favor.  You take the side of the oil tyrants who keep their women in veil chains and their children in ignorant obedience, and pay suicide bombers and harbor terrorists.  I'm so so weary of you.   But, the next time Paris needs to be liberated, I do so hope you have a Plan B.  And if you do not, then do not fear, for we have a fond remembrance of you.  The lady in the harbor glistens, even though her towers are now dust.

Regards from Florida,

Kate

so close no matter how far
couldn't be much more from the heart
forever trusting who we are
And nothing else matters

- Metallica (from "And Nothing Else Matters")