I'll like to post the URL to a new webpage by Robert Pinsky
written to commerate the terrorist attacks on New York and
Washington last year.

http://slate.msn.com/?id=2070444
    Poetry and Sept. 11: A Guided Anthology
    By Robert Pinsky
    Updated Friday, September 6, 2002, at 7:42 AM PT

    The article starts:
        The interest in poetry in the wake of the calamitous attacks of
        last fall surprised some observers. But the art of poetry makes
        the breath of any one reader its medium: a commanding appeal,
        heightened at a time when many of us felt overdosed or overwhelmed
        by mass media.

    Pinski then supplies some commentary and then comments further on the
    following poems:

        Souvenir of the Ancient World
        By Carlos Drummond de Andrade

        The House on the Hill
        by Edwin Arlington Robinson

        Curse
        By Frank Bidart

        September 11
        By Teresa Cader

Last September I believe that I sent the URLs to the following two
Slate articles:

http://slate.msn.com/?id=115900
    Auden on Bin Laden
    By Eric McHenry
    Posted Thursday, September 20, 2001, at 8:30 PM PT

    McHenry wrote a commentary on W. H. Auden's "September 1, 1939" which
    can be read at http://www.poets.org/poems/poems.cfm?prmID=1391

http://slate.msn.com/?id=115850
    Four Poems
    By Robert Pinsky
    Posted Friday, September 21, 2001, at 12:00 AM PT

    Pinsky's commentary was:

        Many people have sought poetry in response to the death, terror,
        courage, and disruption following the recent attack and
        massacre. Here are four poems: Edwin Arlington Robinson's "The
        House on the Hill," which meditates on absolute loss and the
        inadequacy of words; Marianne Moore's "What Are Years?" on the
        subject of courage ; Carlos Drummond de Andrade's "Souvenir of the
        Ancient World," in which it is normal life that becomes the
        remote, ancient time; and Czeslaw Milosz's defiant invocation of
        the good, "Incantation."

    There followed these poems:

        The House on the Hill
        by Edwin Arlington Robinson

        What Are Years?
        by Marianne Moore

        Souvenir of the Ancient World
        by Carlos Drummond de Andrade, translated by Mark Strand

        Incantation
        by Czeslaw Milosz, translated by the author and Robert Pinsky