In a message dated 9/29/02 5:01:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

The so-called American support for war is constantly misstated.  The polls
today show, first, that support dropped from 68% to 61% in the past week
alone.  BUT THAT IS ONLY IF OUR ALLIES SUPPORT IT. AND THAT
HAS BEEN THE CASE ALL ALONG.  The support for doing it on our own
is ONLY 48%.  I wish everyone would read past headlines to the corners
where these statistics are shunted.

It does not help to have Tony Blair puffing it either.  So please stop making
sweeping judgments about Americans.
Distressed,
Nancy

Even if the 48% is correct, that's still a lot, especially when you take into account the 20% "Maybe, I'm not sure or whatevers."  However, it seems to be that no one wants this Saddam person around.  Even the other Arab countries indicate that, so perhaps the answer would be to have of all the countries get together, put in their best intelligence and swat personnel and go in and take the guy out, no war.  But, what if Bush, Blair and some of the others are right and this man is a maniac and does have or will soon have nuclear capability and begins using it?  And I do believe that there's overwhelming evidence that he's been funding suicide bombers and other terrorists.  What do we do about that?  Nothing?