In a message dated 9/29/02 5:01:33 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The so-called American support for war is constantly misstated.  The polls
> today show, first, that support dropped from 68% to 61% in the past week
> alone.  BUT THAT IS ONLY IF OUR ALLIES SUPPORT IT. AND THAT
> HAS BEEN THE CASE ALL ALONG.  The support for doing it on our own
> is ONLY 48%.  I wish everyone would read past headlines to the corners
> where these statistics are shunted.
>
> It does not help to have Tony Blair puffing it either.  So please stop
> making
> sweeping judgments about Americans.
> Distressed,
> Nancy

Even if the 48% is correct, that's still a lot, especially when you take into
account the 20% "Maybe, I'm not sure or whatevers."  However, it seems to be
that no one wants this Saddam person around.  Even the other Arab countries
indicate that, so perhaps the answer would be to have of all the countries
get together, put in their best intelligence and swat personnel and go in and
take the guy out, no war.  But, what if Bush, Blair and some of the others
are right and this man is a maniac and does have or will soon have nuclear
capability and begins using it?  And I do believe that there's overwhelming
evidence that he's been funding suicide bombers and other terrorists.  What
do we do about that?  Nothing?