----- Original Message -----
From: "Nancy Gish" <[log in to unmask]>
> Migraine is not much touched by painkillers alone before or after it
starts.
> But for many people it is stopped by the prescription medication that
> includes a muscle relaxant.  That is because it is vascular, muscular, and
> chemical.  Having had them for years and once for a period of about two
> years every day, I know a good deal about controlling them.  Not
> everything works for everyone.  Fortunately, mine are mainly controlled
> now.
> Nancy

Pain being an individually owned and private thing I hesitate to throw in my
two pennies but it might be useful. It is usually said that gastric stasis
makes absorption of painkillers poor in migraine. So once you have the
nausea the game is up. Snorting sumatriptan helps some people though. But if
psychiatry is in the dark ages then pain management is still further
behind -( with due respects to Doc Gavin  - I know surgeons cure while the
rest of us just prescribe).

While I am on the wire I would add that this internet thing is the reverse
of those  experiments in doing what you're told. You know where the
authority figure tells you to keep administering the shock to the person you
can hear screaming then sobbing then moaning then silent in the next room.
And we mostly keep hitting the button. What happens here is the person keeps
up a bluff good cheer or provocation or whatever but you can't hear screams
or sobs or moans. Sometimes we don't even notice the silence. I think I may
also have suggested Kate was Scheetzie back again ( apologies K), but I
should know better. I was much embarrassed a while back when I suggested a
contributor was too urbane and polite to be a real person and then had to
back pedal when he became distressed.

Cheers     Pete