Even if one takes a biographical approach to texts, it has nothing
to do with liking the author.  One may read Mein Kampf with
fascination, but one probably won't like the "personality" of the
author.  (And this is NOT a comparison, just an extreme example
to make the point.)

If biography is off topic, a great deal of the most interesting material
will be.  What IS the point?
Nancy