No, Maine certainly does not vote Republican the majority of the time.
Look it up.  (The one that does is New Hampshire.)

Date sent:              Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:01:20 EDT
From:                   Kate Troy <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                Re: Towers and Dust
To:                     [log in to unmask]

Nancy, I note that you did not address the main point of my post at all.
Many

others did.  Many others did so off list.

It's nice that you finally say that I have the right to my own point of
view and to state it.  That you don't understand me is to be expected
because I don't believe that I understand why you think as you do, either.
 Are you sure that you really live in Maine?  By the way, isn't Maine the
only New England State that votes Republican the majority of the time.  If
you don't understand me, a fellow Democrat, I wonder how you fare with
your Republican neighbors.  The polls indicate Nancy, that over 70% of our
people are in favor of attack on Iraq today, alone.  And as far as the UN
goes, to use the language Gunnar so loves, most Americans say . . . . I'll
leave that.

Now, to get down to the more interesting subject of my sexiness and
gorgeousness,
many poets, particularly Wallace Stevens, equated Florida with sensuality.

Light the first light of evening
In which we rest and, for small reason, think
The world imagined is the ultimate good.
This is, therefore, the intensest rendezvous . . .

       -from The Final Soliloquy of the Interior Paramour, by Wallace
       Stevens

Regards,

Kate