Alas poor Yorick.
-----Original Message-----
From: Kate Troy [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 26, 2002 5:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: New online Eliot material

In a message dated 9/26/02 1:42:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

I suspect you might find him a  bit chop fallen by now.

Peter, I meant, of course, if he was alive, and I wouldn't serve him chops for dinner.  I think I would do a true American meal - Hamburgers smothered in onions, corn on the cob, and apple pie and ice cream with Budweisers after.  Ha ha.  But then, after dinner, I would turn on the tv and show him "Frazier."  It might calm him down a bit and indeed, he may be inspired to visit Seattle and live his life very happily, drinking coffee, being intense and writing in the perpetual rain.

Regards,

Kate