From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 8:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: OT: Our Man in Havana

In a message dated Mon, 2 Sep 2002 2:06:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, Peter
Montgomery <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Not unlike Guiness's greagt parody, OUR MAN IN HAVANNA.
>
>Cheers,
>Peter

Thanks, Peter, for mentioning this.  I didn't know there was a film version,
much less with Guiness, and I was just wondering whether one had been made.
I'd stumbled across the paperback recently and read it in the hope it would
be as good as The Quiet American.  I was a bit disappointed, but still 'twas
a fun read.  Also thought it seemed like the inspiration for the recent
film, The Tailor of Panama.

Tom K