Huxley's novel Chrome Yellow makes
some interesting references to Prufrock.

One of the main characters is a young
man home from college and madly in love
with one of his family's lady guests
who is only marginally aware of his
existence.  She thinks his brand
new white flannel trousers are "sweet."

There's also an elderly aunt who heard
from some do-gooders association that
the British military needed peach
pits to use as bullets for their training
programs, and so she eats peaches practically
non-stop (in between bathroom visits).

Aside from this reference, I don't have
any info about the white trousers, but
I do know that parting the hair behind
was a particulary bohemian look at the time.