At 11:58 AM 9/15/2002 -0400, Rickard Parker wrote:

>"The book I most appreciated this year was The Waste Land by Martin
>Rowson, a comic strip version of the poem which is far funnier and
>perhaps more genuinely learned than the orginal."
>                                          Peter Ackroyd, The Times

   Now, seriously folks, don't you wonder what year that was?

>as seen at the book's back cover via:
>http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~janetmck/bookaweek/books_text/wasteland.
>html
>
>That URL has expandable images of the front and back covers.

   Thanks for the URL, Rick. I liked the old cover better (at least the one
I saw), with TSE extending some fear in a handful of dust and Ezra Pound
standing menacingly behind him.

  A couple three years ago when we discussed it on the list I looked for a
copy on the services like abebooks.com and so forth and lost out, I'm sure,
to a speedier list member for the only copy listed. Now there are quite a
few, but expensive (for a comic book), $30 to $85.

  Ken Armstrong