From: Gunnar Jauch

Also the innocuous term "sleeper" got a whole new connotation.

Although Rosenberg's article in the Times is highly interesting, it
ought to be labelled "O.T.". ;-)
Well, I thought about that, but given that
Eliot saw purifying the dialect of the tribe
as part of his task, and this language suggests
the need for vigilence to that end, it really did
seem to have an Eliotonic quality, without stretching
the point at all.

I suppose I could have preceded it with a quote
like "The dove descending breaks the air with
flames of incandescent terror." That might have
cinched the point.

Cheers,
Peter