Dear Colleagues,

I'm resending this CFP due to the cancelation of one of the originally accepted presenters. Please let me know ASAP (but by Oct. 1st the latest) if you're interested at presenting. I'd also greately appreciate it if you forwarded the CFP to colleagues who might be interested.

Thank you.

Anne Rothe

CALL FOR PAPERS

for a panel entitled

(Ab)using Auschwitz:

Holocaust Reception in Europe, Israel, and the US

to be held at the

100th Annual Convention of the

Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association

Western Washington University, Bellingham,WA

November 8-10

Papers are invited that explore the following:

    a.. How were the personal memories of the Holocaust transformed into a collective memory and/or an official history in different countries at different times?
    b.. How was the Holocaust (ab)used for current political agendas?
    c.. What discourses served to (mis)interpret the Holocaust?
Examples may include: literature, film, oral and written history, art, architecture, music, and politics.

Please email a 500-word proposal and a 50-word abstract (PAMLA regulations) to

Anne Rothe

Department of Germanic Languages, UCLA

at [log in to unmask]

by March 15, 2002