I stopped at the Little Blue Heron roost by St. Louis Lambert
International Airport yesterday evening from 8:00-8:50.  Numbers are up
from a few weeks ago, as I'd hoped.  I counted over 1400 birds fly in,
and I may have arrived a little late too, so there could be a few more.

It's quite a show!  This may be near the peak now.  In past years
numbers gradually declined through the summer.

Also saw a Great Egret and a Great Blue Heron fly over.

Directions repeated below:

To get there, take I-170 (the "Inner Belt" in St. Louis County) north
from I-70 or 40/I-64 to Airport Road.  Exit and head west on Airport
Road, which merges into James S. McDonnell Blvd as it curves right to
the north.  After about 1/2 mile James S. McDonnell Blvd curves left and
crosses railroad tracks.  Turn right immediately after the tracks.  Pull
off to the gravel area.  The birds fly in from the west and coast
overhead before settling into a woods to the east.

Jerry Farm
St. Louis