Bob,

Thanks for the input. There was not a big contrast from the white that I saw on the chin to the rufous coloration on the breast. In fact, the white could have actually been pink since the morning light was playing games each time the stint would change angles. In my own mind, there wasn't any doubt that it was a Red-necked although the committee will make the final call.

You are absolutely correct that many time recollections are of little value, and that is why they make cameras, which I may add, was left at home once again. One of these days I will wake up and make it a part of my "standard" equipment. I was at the boardwalk at Fountain Grove yesterday when 2 otters climbed up the steps by the duck blind and proceeded to groom themselves for about 10 minutes at less than 10 feet. I am still kicking myself for not having the camera with me. Another excellent photo opportunity missed. I guess that a backpack should be my next purchase.

Thanks again and Good Birding,

Kyle Driggers
Liberty, Mo.
__________________________________ * Audubon Society of Missouri's * * Wild Bird Discussion Forum * * To unsubscribe send the message * * SIGNOFF MOBIRDS-L * * to [log in to unmask] * * To subscribe send the message * * SUBSCRIBE MOBIRDS-L your name* * to [log in to unmask] * ###################################