Drove through Eagle Bluffs CA last evening.  There continues to be water in
the distribution channel with a small margin of "mudflats" around some of
the shoreline.  Last evening I found Pectoral Sandpipers, Lesser Yellowlegs,
Least Sandpiper and a Solitary Sandpiper. I would say altogether about 30-40
birds.  A couple of Black Terns were also present. There were no areas of
extensive mudflats, but that may change if this heat continues. There are
more extensive mudflats out in the new "Sapp Tract" section, however it
appears that Killdeer and herons favor that area, and some of the area is so
far out that it is difficult to see clearly any of the smaller birds.  There
were lots of Great Egrets (40+), Green Herons and GB Herons -- but I did not
re-locate the imm. Little Blue.

As of last weekend, the Wetland Units held too much water (in my opinion) to
be good for shorebirds -- however I will try to check that out again and
post if shorebirds are present.

I also am interested in a current report on Otter Slough.

Also, are the Piping Plovers still being seen at the St. Joseph area
Horseshoe Lake?  What about Grand Pass?

Jean Leonatti
Boone County