After going over many photos (not drawings) of both Red-necked and Little Stints, I have not seen a photo yet that shows a Red-necked Stint with any white on its throat. I distinctively remember that the one at Lake Contrary did have white on it's throat/chin that stopped abruptly at the top of the breast. The area of white did not come close to the amount of white on the photos of a Little Stint, but was there nonetheless. The rest of the markings were identical to the other pic's of the Red-necked.

Is this representative of a juvenile or alternate plumage? Is there any question as to the identification?

Thanks,

Kyle Driggers
Liberty, Mo.
__________________________________ * Audubon Society of Missouri's * * Wild Bird Discussion Forum * * To unsubscribe send the message * * SIGNOFF MOBIRDS-L * * to [log in to unmask] * * To subscribe send the message * * SUBSCRIBE MOBIRDS-L your name* * to [log in to unmask] * ###################################