After going over many photos (not drawings) of both Red-necked and Little
Stints, I have not seen a photo yet that shows a Red-necked Stint with any
white on its throat. I distinctively remember that the one at Lake Contrary
did have white on it's throat/chin that stopped abruptly at the top of the
breast. The area of white did not come close to the amount of white on the
photos of a Little Stint, but was there nonetheless. The rest of the markings
were identical to the other pic's of the Red-necked.

Is this representative of a juvenile or alternate plumage? Is there any
question as to the identification?

Thanks,

Kyle Driggers
Liberty, Mo.