From: MO Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Dianne & Steve Kinder
Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 9:16 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Moorhens & Rails

While Dianne was in a meetinf in Jeff City, I drove up
to check out Eagle Bluffs, etc, near Columbia.  I
walked up to Columbia's wastewater unit #1 about 9:30
am. I  saw single adult Common Moorhen at two
different places.  Heard quite a few Marsh Wrens
calling.
Heard 1 Virgina Rail call several times in the NE
corner of the unit and a number, probably about 10,
Soras calling along the east side.
I wonder if they have recently arrived or had been
there previously.  Was surprised not  to see any Least
Bitterens in such good habitat.
Drove through Eagle Bluffs before noon-very Hot and
just the usual stuff.  Did see 1 adult Eagle.
Stopped at Rockbridge S.P. saw Wood Thrush and Black &
White Warbler.

Grand Pass C.A. Wed. pm on way down - not much
positive to talk about -very dry with lost of farming
going on.
Stopped at shop/headquarters to inquire of Sandhills-
door open- lights on- nobody home - so went on.
Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.

*    SUBSCRIBE MOBIRDS-L your name*
* to [log in to unmask]     *