Carrol Cox wrote:

> About my position also. It's been nearly 50 years since I read any
> Eliot scholarship. Who is Emily Hale?

Emily Hale really only became prominent recently, after Lyndall
Gordon's "T.S. Eliot: An Imperfect Life" made a big deal about Eliot's
relationship with her.  I believe she also plays a big part in Ronald
Schuchard's "Eliot's Dark Angel."

I did a web search for Emily Hale for you but unless you already
knew about her you would have a tough time putting things together.
Each page had only bits and pieces.  Except for this one:

    T. S. Eliot's secret love
    By Phil Hanrahan
    Lawrence Today, Summer 1990
        http://www.lawrence.edu/about/trads/eliot.shtml

Emily Hale donated her letters from Eliot to Princeton University but
they won't be public until 2020.  A novel was written based on the
existance of these letters, 'The Archivist.'  A review is at URL
    http://books.realcities.com/reviews/0601/archivist.htm

Regards,
    Rick Parker