--part1_155.ddf8014.2a115cf3_boundary

In a message dated 5/13/2002 12:17:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>  "All Things
> Considered" and "All the News That's Fit To Print" seem to be at the very
> root of a certain liberal blindness.
>
> European colonial arrogance set up Israel in a fit of liberal handwringing
> and thereby cruelly created thousands of Arab refugees.  For 50 years Arab
> totalitarian governments supported by a liberal Europe and US have
> heartlessly ignored those refugees.  Now the "far right" gets the blame for
> objecting to the "smell" emanating from that neglect and liberal European
> politicians demand that the US not only clean up the mess but do it their
> way.

I cannot but be amused that you think "All Things Considered" to be at the
root of certain liberal blindness.

I find most people in America, 2002, to be "center," neither liberal nor
conservative, in their political and social views.  And it was the Democrats
last week who brought the "Statements of Support for Israel" to vote last
which both dems and repubs passed overwhelmingly.  In fact, the only support
for Arabs, Palestinian types or otherwise, I find anywhere is among certain
people in Academia.  And even in Academia, it's not like that's the prevalent
view.  There are many Jewish professors and students, and forgive me here for
"generalizing," but I just don't believe that Jewish professors or students
would harbor views against Israel or allow anyone else to do so in their
presence.

I really agree with Rick about the absurdity of Western Europe and the Arab
countries trying to tell us what to do. You know where they can all go. When
I think of it, I'm tempted to use sailor's language, as well.

Regards,

Kate

--part1_155.ddf8014.2a115cf3_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">In a message dated 5/13/2002 12:17:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px"> "All Things<BR>
Considered" and "All the News That's Fit To Print" seem to be at the very<BR>
root of a certain liberal blindness.<BR>
<BR>
European colonial arrogance set up Israel in a fit of liberal handwringing<BR>
and thereby cruelly created thousands of Arab refugees.&nbsp; For 50 years Arab<BR>
totalitarian governments supported by a liberal Europe and US have<BR>
heartlessly ignored those refugees.&nbsp; Now the "far right" gets the blame for<BR>
objecting to the "smell" emanating from that neglect and liberal European<BR>
politicians demand that the US not only clean up the mess but do it their<BR>
way.&nbsp; </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
I cannot but be amused that you think "All Things Considered" to be at the root of certain liberal blindness.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
I find most people in America, 2002, to be "center," neither liberal nor conservative, in their political and social views.&nbsp; And it was the Democrats last week who brought the "Statements of Support for Israel" to vote last which both dems and repubs passed overwhelmingly.&nbsp; In fact, the only support for Arabs, Palestinian types or otherwise, I find anywhere is among certain people in Academia.&nbsp; And even in Academia, it's not like that's the prevalent view.&nbsp; There are many Jewish professors and students, and forgive me here for "generalizing," but I just don't believe that Jewish professors or students would harbor views against Israel or allow anyone else to do so in their presence.<BR>
<BR>
I really agree with Rick about the absurdity of Western Europe and the Arab countries trying to tell us what to do. You know where they can all go. When I think of it, I'm tempted to use sailor's language, as well.<BR>
<BR>
Regards, <BR>
<BR>
Kate</FONT></HTML>