There are many good reasons to use plain text. Some lists automatically
reject posts in mime or html; some people do not have mail programs that
can even read html. Also, such posts use up much more disk space, from
which various difficulties can flow. For reasons I don't understand,
some posts in html won't "quote" in a reply. One has to paste them. But
most important of all -- plain text is safer against viruses than html.

Carrol